View Single Post
Old 07-05-2020, 10:13 AM   #2099
FireSignFemme

How Do You Identify?:
N/A

3 Highscores

Thanked 10,494 Times in 3,158 Posts
FireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST ReputationFireSignFemme Has the BEST Reputation

It's been a fantastic morning so far. I made myself a latte and am having a couple slices of blueberry quick bread I made last night. It was a pancake mix based recipe which surprisingly turned out amazing, like church lady potluck stuff good. Monte has been extra cuddly this morning, seeking reassurance – Is it over, is it really over, is it really really over? So I'm giving him some extra time and attention. Though he's trying to fight it he should be going down for his morning nap soon. Then I'll start thinking about what might get done indoors this morning without him around offering to show how much he cares by supervising everything.

In the mean time we're playing together on the computer It's the best weather out, bright, sunny, clear skies perfect for tending what little is left of the container garden out on the balcony. We had some ferocious winds which by the looks of it taught all of us on the 3rd floor something about what we should/shouldn't be doing up here with pots and plants and wind chimes and furniture and stuff. Still I do have three plants that survived. One a tomato limping along that's getting chewed on by some kind of something. I don't know they're big bites so I'll have to spend some time looking up/learning about what kind of huge ass pests from hell do this and how to go about exorcising them.

The other two are pepper plants and I'm having really good luck with the Anaheim, I've already had two peppers but lost one. No idea what happened. Just found it lying on the ground in a puddle but the remaining one is growing strong and the plant has all sorts of flowers so that's an encouraging sign. I'm anxious to hurry up and harvest it before whatever got the first one comes back for seconds but want to keep it on there as long as I can. Anyhow the hope is to get in a bit of gardening before it gets too hot to work outdoors which should easy take up the rest of my morning. Hope every one had a happy 4th and wishing you all an easy breezy Sunday morning after.
FireSignFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FireSignFemme For This Useful Post: