How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/24/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
She.
Relationship Status:
Married (one of 18,000)

4 Highscores

Thanked 7,109 Times in 2,327 Posts
SuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST ReputationSuperFemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieLee View Post
I have a good friend of mine that signed her 6 year old daughter up for dance classes this year for the very first time. After just a few short months, she decided to take her daughter out of the classes... all because of the clothing that she was wearing.

She said that the instructors had uniforms for the girls to wear in class (of course, the short booty shorts). Within a few weeks, those lil' black booty shorts, that all the girls were wearing, was the ONLY thing that her daughter wanted to wear...to school and around the house. She would put longer shorts on her, and she would pull the damn things up to her chest, to make them short like the rest of the girls. It became a constant battle every day...her 6 year old was throwing a fit because she wasn't gonna be dressed like all of her friends.

She questioned some of the other mothers & dance instructors about it, and they acted like it was no big deal. But, she had a major problem with it, and was shocked that more people weren't cautious about how their kids were dressed or paraded around.
Good for her. One day her daughter will get it. I hope.

It seems that often times parents are so busy being their child's "Peer" that they give in to anything the kid wants. I am particularly bothered by teens whose Mommas dress like them and share all their personal info (like what happened on Mommas date, her sex life, etc.) with their kids. The lines get blurred and I stand to the side fascinated.
SuperFemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SuperFemme For This Useful Post: