View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 02:04 PM   #14667
Kelt

How Do You Identify?:
Beach Butch

Thanked 15,378 Times in 2,541 Posts
Kelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST ReputationKelt Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
WHO THE FUCK IS " Rubbervbk " from Russia ?

In fact, who are all those other many names that I am prevented from accessing whose nics i am blocked from checking out

Blast me if you will but when I am the only member in here with some 300 "guests" or Unidentified" persons in here, i get queasy abt my security.

Please understand me, Admin-Medusa , I appreciate the cost and responsibility you have faithfully undertaken here but also also please also accept that if you claim this to be a "community",even if it were to be entirely supported by you (both in cash and effort ), it is necessary to accept the diversities of opinion (even when they are rudely at odds with each other---otherwise it's just maudlin echoes , so why bother..... one statement and a "thank you " would be enough.).

I suspect the site loses a great many more members because of making increasing voices become "polite" and, sometimes, agreeably female, than for extreme diversity. For every person who comes here for a lovely calming foccacia recipe, I suspect there is a loss of 1.5 members who would rather have a meaty sexy or politically hot convo.

Maybe it's time to jack it up and let blood flow into member's brains or choose to just sit here and watch it fall asleep.

ooops I think I hear the faint strains of dying-swan-music off-stage.

As they say in Show Business: Just My Humble Opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C0LLETTE View Post
Want to differ, differ. Want to explode, explode. Can't stand the explosion, put it all on ignore.

You do actually have that option but the option you should not have is to tell other ppl to stfu or to not to explode in opinion just cause it "offends " you.

The Admin (Site Owner ) can do that but then it becomes a question of the degree of "community" a site becomes.

Surely there is a degree of accommodation that can be made to continue vitality, if that is in any way a desirable goal.

If one thread goes off the rails, you can always move to another but I'm not sure if it's a good idea to allow what happens in one thread to define everything else. As soon as people stop jumping in, that thread dies of lack of oxygen but ppl did get to vent out their thoughts and what's unhealthy about that.
Before you get kicked in the head I just want to say thank you. This needs to be said, stopping by four times a day just to be disappointed is pretty old. The old days were contentious but worth it for interesting conversation on a range of topics beyond “what’s for dinner”.

Last night I was on YouTube looking for anything on the topic of “Butch“ I posted that result in a different thread. Interestingly, I ran across a video from a few years ago made by an old member from this site. I remember how much I disliked her and in fact locked horns with her a couple of times both in the threads and in private message. It made me remember how aggravated I would get and how engaged I was with that community. I also learned a lot about things I never would’ve encountered anywhere else.

I don’t know that any of that is salvageable, just as it seems that the days of the butch/femme dynamic are gone. But having a place to post opinions on topics that are not part of main stream conversation away from the prying eyes of bosses and Auntie Pearl on Facebook would seem to still have some value. I may be wrong because I am not involved in other social media maybe it’s all just in private groups and that’s how it works now.

Musings of an old bulldagger…
Kelt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kelt For This Useful Post: