View Single Post
Old 03-28-2021, 07:43 AM   #6776
easygoingfemme

How Do You Identify?:
Lil' Miss Sassy Pants
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her

Thanked 14,194 Times in 3,027 Posts
easygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputationeasygoingfemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaMa'am View Post
The exam was short. The oncologist said there was no new growth. He told me to take Zyrtec for my back pain Isn't Zyrtec an antihistamine? I don't get it, but I'll try it. He seemed quite convinced it would help, and so did his fellow/doctor-in-training, who was present. He didn't fill me in on how he might have tweaked my plan, so I guess I'll find out more when I go in for the treatment.

Def try the Zyrtec. They told me to use Claritin. It was one of those... someone discovered this while in chemo and taking Claritin for allergies that their bone pain went away. When I had my first round of chemo and then they gave me that shot that increases white blood cells (the shot is supposed to be what causes the bone pain) I woke up that night literally feeling like I could feel and hear every bone in my body snapping. It was terrifying. I'd taken a claritin that morning but took another that night and the bone pain went away in an hour. From then on I always took claritin for my first few days after treatments and the pain was never that bad again.
easygoingfemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to easygoingfemme For This Useful Post: