Old 07-10-2022, 10:25 AM   #14876
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,770 Times in 25,661 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bèsame* View Post
I have always been intrigued by thunder and lightning. Growing up in So Cali, we only had one kind of weather. Or rather that was what I was used to. Then while in Texas, it was such a quick change. And seriously quick! That just amazed me. I would go out to see the lightning streak across the sky, like x-rays behind the clouds. Those storms were miles away.
Now that I'm in Florida, there are afternoon thunderstorms almost every day. Day light lighting is just intense.

However, in the last 2 weeks, people have been struck by lightning. I mean, within 10 miles of me. One child was hit and the storm was 6 miles away.

On my mind...new mad respect for lightning.
Most definitely! Florida is the lighting capital of the US. 83 lightning events per square kilometer every year, with it focusing in the central FL area around Orlando. That's near where I spent more than 2 decades of my life so I'm very familiar with it and the 3pm afternoon showers that leave it more muggy and disgusting than before the rain.

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: