Old 10-01-2023, 02:28 PM   #5344
Gemme
Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Stone Femme Girl of the Unicorn Variety
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, as in 'She's a GEM'

Thanked 108,792 Times in 25,669 Posts
Gemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST ReputationGemme Has the BEST Reputation
Default Check In

Well, I did it! I dragged myself to the gym at o'dark thirty this morning and did a full set. Half an hour on the elliptical (and, boy, could I tell I hadn't worked out in a while!), half an hour of light to moderate weight training using the circuit machines and finishing with another 15 minutes on the elliptical to stretch everything out a bit and cool down.

I'm not using a notebook like I did before to keep track of my stats but the two elliptical jaunts together gave me a figure around 315 calories, which likely translates to about 250 calories burned using an average of 20% off for inaccuracy and miscalculation of the machine. Those things are always set to skew upwards in terms of caloric burn plus every ride is different so there's no way it's going to be 100% accurate for everyone, even if it was just calibrated.

I hoped to use the Evolt machine to get a more accurate starting point for myself as one of the trainers gave me the code to it a while ago but someone changed it so that was a bust. Unfortunately, that was the whole point of getting up so darn early today so I wasn't pleased about that.

I wound up getting home, making and finishing breakfast before the sun came up. A quick shower followed by a nap got me on the right foot to do something productive with the remainder of my day.

My next day off is Thursday so the days in between will likely consist of short workouts of 30 minutes or less; just enough to say I went and did something but not enough to take up all of my free time.

What are you doing today?

I'm misunderestimated.
Gemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gemme For This Useful Post: