How Do You Identify?:
High Femme Ma'am
Preferred Pronoun?:
Ma'am
Relationship Status:
widowed - involved, poly

14 Highscores

Thanked 27,268 Times in 5,169 Posts
GeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST ReputationGeorgiaMa'am Has the BEST Reputation

I watched Little Reindeer on Netflix because I found the idea intriguing, but also because of the hype. It is deeply disturbing, triggering, cringeworthy and NOT what I would call "dark comedy", as Netflix has billed it. It's just dark.

Basically, it's about a bartender/comedian who gets a stalker. Complexly, it is about so much more: abuser grooming and rape, questioning one's sexuality, mental illness, the people in his life who try to save him, self-worth, the unhelpful police system. What really makes this miniseries a serious contender for an Emmy, however, is the ending. So much becomes clearer - and even more complex - at the end.

Little Reindeer is definitely worth watching if you can work yourself up for it. It's only 7 episodes, so at least you get through them quickly. I highly recommend it. Now that I've read some reviews, I'll probably watch it again to catch all the things I missed the first time around.

It's been so lonely without you here
Like a bird without a song
Nothing can stop these lonely tears from falling . . .
'Cause nothing compares, nothing compares 2 U

- Prince
GeorgiaMa'am is offline   Reply With Quote