Nat

How Do You Identify?:
bigender
Preferred Pronoun?:
whatevs
Relationship Status:
in a relationship

Thanked 13,992 Times in 2,594 Posts
Nat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST ReputationNat Has the BEST Reputation

I don't think it's all competition. I think sometimes its empathy. And then there are a lot of people who want to side with the "winning team" and those who will always side with the "underdog" on an issue. And then, as stated far earlier, I have put my foot in it most when I'm feeling protective of somebody else because I perceive them as being ganged up on. It's very hard for me not to jump in there and get my hands dirty if I think somebody else is being unnecessarily hurt, but it just backfires, you know?

It's hard for me not to "cheerlead" for the underdog because it's so second-nature to me, but I have to not take sides. Or to take the femme side if I'm gonna take sides.

And from the femme side, I really thought it was great what Pretty Woman said about the stuff femmes perpetuate on other femmes. I especially feel this happens during discussions about butches and/or transguys to the point where the femmes on both sides drown out the actual people a situation is affecting directly. (I am guilty of participating in this)

Sometimes it feels like the pronoun issue (for example) really pits femme against femme because femmes come in to protect whomever from the evils of wrong pronoun choice and it seems like we can't even hear each other about our own varying perspectives as femmes without seeking to attack other femmes that aren't on board with our viewpoints.

- Bjork

What is to give light must endure burning.

-Viktor Frankl
Nat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nat For This Useful Post: