Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 10/2010
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
She thinks all my jokes are corny

Thanked 1,839 Times in 500 Posts
Dylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST ReputationDylan Has the BEST Reputation

Ok, so I have been thinking...cuz that's something I do sometimes.

Now while I know very well that femmes can take care of themselves, and can speak their minds, I have to say, it pisses me off when butches act like frat boys (and I say that specifically about butches, because I've never seen femmes do it in the same sexist way I've seen butches do it)...but I especially don't like it when butches do this around femmes. This isn't something new...I've started threads on the topic.

Nat described an event in a previous post. I was the other member who was at that gathering. The behavior was horrible. Now, I've been around butches who act like that when it's just the butches, and it skeeves me out, but when there's a femme friend there it's 100 times skeevier. And while I don't feel a need to 'protect', I do feel more compelled to say something about it. These particular butches' behavior was absolutely ghastly. In fact, that gathering was one of the last times I saw any of those people. It's definitely the last time I saw them as a group. I did say something to the one I knew the best, and she said, "What? We're all girls here." Which is the answer I hate the most...but I have a really hard time with female bodied people (especially...I have a hard time with male bodied people too) acting like complete misogynist assholes under the "What? We are all girls" excuse.

I've been in this position with another butch in which she objectified femmes in the most disgusting way possible...including Mahhh Woman and Lipsy...well and almlst every femme at a couple different gatherings. I'm sorry, but when you stand behind Mahhh Woman and make comments about her bootay,and you talk about her (and other femmes whom I consider friends) like pieces of meat...I'm gonna have a problem with that.

Would I have a problem if I saw femmes do this? I honestly don't know, because I've never heard a group of femmes make the same disgusting comments. And I'm not talking about cussing or being ironically frat boy esque...I'm talking about being misogynistically GROSS.

Also...this whole 'butches and femmes are the same' line of thinking makes me call bullshit. Because if that were the case, wouldn't that just make everyone here a tweener or andro or whatever the correct word of the week is for 'run of the mill average'? Why would we have a 'dance' or 'energy' or 59 bajillion threads on gender breakdowns?

And I'm not talking about rescuing anyone or protecting anyone...I'm talking about misogynistic, piggish, inappropriate talk that always (in my experience) directed at femmes in my community. And I've seen where IF a femme DOES say something they're mocked as 'cute' or 'eyerolled' or literally laughed at.

Hope I'm Clear,
Dylan

And one more thing. I have and will continue to say something in these circumstances or in circumstances where men are involved because I know I will be taken more seriously
Dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Dylan For This Useful Post: