Old 06-17-2010, 08:52 PM   #9
ravyngirl

How Do You Identify?:
femme slave
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
single

ravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputationravyngirl Has the BEST Reputation

I too am doing some things as well.

I had a real estate agent out to assess the house and give me some numbers to work with....

You know that rule "never buy the best house on the block"?? Well apparently, I did not follow that!! I had no idea though!! My neighboring houses all are these big 3 story homes and mine is this sweet little 1950s cape. Sure the yard is a park-like setting. Sure the bedrooms are great sizes... No doubt that the master bedroom is jaw dropping BUT I would *never* had guessed that my little house was actually the biggest house in the neighborhood!

So, I'm limited... if I do too much, I out-price the area.

First on my plan: Redoing the kitchen... all new cabinets (at least new to me), updated lighting (actually have to re-run the wiring because the current set-up is absolutely ridiculous), new flooring, etc.

Once the kitchen is updated, I am going to refinance the house and install a deck and update the main bathroom and master bath.

The cost of all this is rather scary and the fact that I have learned bout this pretty tight budget as to not out-price the area doesn't help the nerves! I don't want to end up losing money on this! I mean, really..... it isn't the point!

So I see lots of sweat equity on my part to get this all done. OH and lots of scoping craiglook.com!
ravyngirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ravyngirl For This Useful Post: