Old 06-20-2010, 08:22 PM   #113
Kosmo

How Do You Identify?:
just me
Preferred Pronoun?:
he
Relationship Status:
This seat is taken

Kosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST ReputationKosmo Has the BEST Reputation

How do you find your balance in the world? Your center?

I used to watch people as I moved about. I think to see if they looked at me, you know? Waiting for some reaction to my presence in their world.
Now I only look forward and while I feel people watch me, it's empowering to simply move with confidence, like I'm moving in normal speed and the world around me is moving in slow motion.

I'll walk in a women's washroom, grab a stall, wash my hands and shake them, maybe run my damp hands through my hair (if I'm wearing a hat) and then walk out. I'm making more of an effort to take my space in the world. Move about it because it's also mine. Not caring who's looking or even what they're saying.

I was recently walking towards a women's washroom and a guy (waiting for wife and daughter) said to me, 'that's the ladies room'. I ignored him and didn't miss a beat. I feel no need to acknowledge such comments. It's my world also and I'm staking more of a claim to it.

I define Butch. Masculine and feminine. I take what I want from both and add a few ingredients to define me. As I grow into myself, I may or may not adjust the recipe.
Kosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Kosmo For This Useful Post: