Old 11-29-2009, 02:05 PM   #80
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bit View Post
{{{{{{{{{{{e}}}}}}}}}}}

i think you misunderstand my point. While it is true that i am always conscious of posting in a way that supports butches and transmen, and while i did have that epiphany about polite equalling caring--or not equalling it, as the case may be, lol--adele had asked if we, as femmes, enforce the male-centric viewpoint (or masculine-centric). That was my main point: Yes, indeed we do; it has happened to me in a very negative way that has silenced me.

butches have not silenced me.

Transmen have not silenced me.

Femmes have silenced me.

i'm sorry that i didn't make the point more effectively.

I don't want to leave you thinking that i'm backpedaling, or that i haven't said the things you quoted. It does seem to me, though, that you missed my emphasis and thought i was saying it was the butches who left me feeling this way when i was trying to say it was femmes who have had these judgmental interactions with me.

I suppose this is another area where i haven't been clear enough---after a while i start to feel like i'm beating the subject into the ground and so i do use shorthand references, my apologies--anyhow, when i posted the last one you quoted, about always being careful not to hit the hot buttons or use the trigger phrases, and being discouraged enough to just not post? That has come about because of the silencing. It didn't used to be that way for me. I've always been conscious about posting respectfully, not just about butches and transmen but about all of us, but i didn't used to feel so hopelessly discouraged.

And now i really do feel like i'm beating the subject into the ground. *wry smile* time for me to go offline; if i'm not back tomorrow i'll be back monday.

~ a-fucking-men ~
~ halle-fucking-lujah ~
~ and holla back ~

(as we trash-a-licious types here in the ghettoplex say)
hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote