View Single Post
Old 06-25-2010, 12:31 PM   #197
MsDemeanor

How Do You Identify?:
queer stone femme
Relationship Status:
Happily married to MisterMeanor, the man of my dreams

Thanked 1,851 Times in 511 Posts
MsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST ReputationMsDemeanor Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadgeek View Post
You know, the easiest thing in the world is to take a flamethrower and just indiscriminately wave it around, shouting like some biblical prophet of old that it's all corrupt, all is lost and all are fools--except those who, of course, agree with you.
I really should copy this quote and paste it every time someone posts one of those nonsensical 'everyone's corrupt', 'throw the bastards out', 'there's no difference', or, then new one, 'everything's a distraction'. It's become clear to me that one of the biggest problems facing this country isn't our government, it's our citizenry, where a fair number of people don't bother to pay attention, to get facts, to sort out the crap, and to make informed decisions.

My new rule: If you make blanket statements about government, politicians, or policy along the line of 'it's all bad', I'm going assume that you don't pay attention and you have no idea what the hell you're talking about.