chefhmboyrd

How Do You Identify?:
man
Preferred Pronoun?:
beef
Relationship Status:
Uncle Daddy Snap

Thanked 2,845 Times in 898 Posts
chefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputationchefhmboyrd Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sachita View Post
wow 100 pounds??? I'm sure you felt better. I love wine. I drink maybe two bottles a week and if I could I'd drink it everyday. I even like MJ in the right state of mind but it distracts me, makes me crave sugar and makes me horny. Personally I can't even imagine smoking it all the time and getting anything done. Maybe on my down time but not when I had to function. Most of the pot heads I know, I'm talking people that smoke morning, noon and night are lazy, get very little accomplished and have very little to show for. I'm sure this isnt the case with all and there is always the exception to any rule. I've known quite a few. Now the people that smoke recreationally or to partly manage pain don't have this. But you can say that about any addiction, right?

My point is that it's great for pain management if someone is also seeking alternative treatment to heal or at least as best they can.

Earlier this year I wasn't feeling well. I kept having flare ups- my back, knee, my heart fluttering sometimes so bad I felt like it would jump out of my chest. My blood sugar was all over the place as well as my blood pressure. I would get migraines that blinded me. I was really scared. I was taking pain meds for my back and knee. I started having side effects. The bottom line is I had to take serious action to heal. Within a few weeks noticed changes and today run around like crazy. Diabetes runs in my family so does cancer. It takes a lot of work but its worth it. I have days I'm so tired I can barely move but I drink some carrot, celery and ginger juice after a 30 min breathing and meditation, I'm flying.

There's a lady lives by my mom with everything wrong with her. She takes so many meds. She also smokes two packs cig a day, eats awful drinks 6 pack coke even with high bp and diabetes. All she does is mask the pain and create new illnesses. Even holistic herbs have side effects when consumed in large doses on a regular basis. Of course and avid pot smoker will argue the effects of THC till the cows come home.

But I'd rather see my mom burn one at night then watch her take medications I know will put her in her grave early. If using it truly to manage pain great but the excuse to abuse isnt.

I'll save a bit of MJ for a relaxing evening by the fire.

i too know potheads that get lazy, fat, and have nothing to show for it.
i am far too busy to do that.

mostly MJ makes me want to do physical things, work out, clean houae, mow the yard, or anything else that takes little brain power but lots of muscle.

and a nice spliff by the fire with a glass of wine sound like a beginning to a relaxing evening.