Joy Seeker

How Do You Identify?:
Smartly-Flavored
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Mrs. Syzygy 1/9/14

Thanked 28,130 Times in 6,413 Posts
Arwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST ReputationArwen Has the BEST Reputation
Default 2 of Swords & Arwen’s Creole Chicken

More from my Tarot and food series. This is a super-easy crockpot recipe.

• 2 of Swords & Arwen’s Creole Chicken

• 2 LG chicken breasts; (I prefer with the bone)
  • 1 cn Ro-tel Tomatoes, original recipe; (best brand I know of)
  • 1 C rice, long grain white (if you use brown, increase water by half and cooking time by 15 minutes)
  • 1 cn water (use the Ro-tel can so you can get the rest of the flavor!)
  • 1/2 C honey
  • 1-3 TBS Tony Cachere’s Cajun Seasoning (Don’t overdo. You can add more after cooking!)
Preheat the oven to 350.

Spray the bottom of a cast iron dutch oven with a cooking spray such as Pam.

Put the rice in and dump the Rotel on top. Fill the can with water and put that over the rice and Rotel. (Note, the water should stand approximately one knuckle above the rice so you may need to add water.) Season with Tony’s.

Put the chicken on top and liberally douse with honey (I use at least 1/2 a cup if not more.) Season with Tony’s again. Put the lid on and place in the oven at 350 degrees for at least an hour.

I like to serve this with a green salad and French bread. If you don’t use the cooking spray, clean up is a chore!

Original Post: http://tarotbyarwen.com/blog/?p=2054
Arwen is offline   Reply With Quote