Is Grateful

How Do You Identify?:
Queer Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Engaged

Thanked 1,584 Times in 622 Posts
SassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST ReputationSassyLeo Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I often end up facing some pretty conservative types and have at least one visible tattoo (back of my neck) and my eyebrow piercing visible. Never had a complaint and if anything, it's created a great conversation piece.

Piercings are similar to tattoos in that once, healed they should be fine. If you have pierced ears, are they not clean and healed? (serious question)

As for health care, I'd be fine. I'm there for their knowledge and compassion -- not their looks. I've met some who have no tattoos or piercing and are worse in their behaviour/hygiene than those with.
Erin has visible tattoos and a nose ring...she also works in IT. And in her work environment, she also gets to wear shorts and t-shirts everyday. Do you think that IT has a different concept about these things?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isadora View Post
How people decorate their bodies is their own personal work of art is great. I remember telling Hawk once after hy had a conversation with someone with piercings all over her face to not look at the piercings and make judgments but to look at her eyes and listen to her. Then you can decide how professional she is or is not....

Believe me it is not just tatts and piercings..I have been told how I look (being zaftig) I would not be taken seriously as a professional. Ha!

Isa- thanks for both comments. You always have great wisdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipstixgal View Post
Well Sassyleo I am a medical assistant and have no visible piercings except for the ears and no tattoos. The lady I'm doing my internship for is very conservative so is the practice. Its family medicine and geriatrics so I guess that the medical assistant doesn't care about her piercings or her job would be in jeopardy!! I for one am not going to get tatted or pierced in the future because I don't know what kind of job the future holds for me.
Yes, I thought about that. I mean, we hired the person, piercings and all. We must have liked her enough to hire her. And she wouldn't have a job if we got complaints.

Good thoughts. Thanks.