Old 08-01-2010, 06:34 PM   #46
BarbaraRyan

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Miss
Relationship Status:
Single and Looking

BarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST ReputationBarbaraRyan Has the BEST Reputation

I joined after the last post, so I hope it's okay that I add my self-description.

As far as labeling my sexuality, I use the terms Femme and Lipstick Lesbian. I like them both because they are complex and express two aspects of me - my femininity and my love of women.

I am very feminine in appearance - I wear make-up and love red lips. I currently have short hair, but wear it in a gamine style. (An ode to Audrey). I prefer wearing skirts and tops, but like dresses that flatter my hourglass figure. I wouldn't say I am modest, but I don't wear revealing clothes. But I wear loose t-shirts pants and boxers when cleaning or gardening.

I like Victorian Lesbian fiction and vintage erotic photos, along with reading Anne Rice and Jane Austen. I drink tea and collect tea pots/tea for one sets. I love vintage hats, clothing, and jewelry. I like lots of pillows on the bed and fluffy comforters where I snuggle with my cats while listening to Sarah Brightman, Sarah McLachlan, Dido, and Nora Jones. I watch British comedies, Bones, the L Word, and Arrested Development. I enjoy musical and try to see them when I can. My favorite is The Phantom of the Opera.

I am really spiritual. I pray to the Goddess and meditate - a lot. I study Her many different guises - such as Mother Mary, Medusa, Athena, and Tara. I don't worship a male deity. I'm a witchy woman with Native Guides and have an affinity to Shamanism and Native Culture. I'm a Reiki healer, tarot reader, and truth teller. I read the stories of the Goddess and watch Pushing Daisies, Moonlight, Buffy, Charmed, Bewitched, and Xena.

I collect crystals and study their uses and properties. I love plants and flowers and have several gardens. I hope to be a Certified Master Gardener one day. I like cooking vegetarian and vegan and have a number of cookbooks. I study herbalism and make herbal medicines. My favorite herbs and flowers are in the mint family and include roses, mints, and lavender. I am a ginger addict! I have several chronic illnesses and blog about living with them.

I love learning and constantly read. I have degrees in PR and Writing Arts. I have worked as a Freelance Writer and in Acquisitions for a Bookseller. I'm interested in Law and plan to go back to school to get my Paralegal Certificate. I enjoy classical studies and want to see the new Cleopatra exhibit at the Franklin Institute.

I also have a tomboy side. I enjoy watching Professional Wrestling and still attend live events. I've been to Wrestlemania. I love old NWA, Attitude Era WWE, and ECW. The ECW Arena in South Philly is one of my favorite places. I like Owen Hart, Shawn Michaels, Chyna, John Morrison, Awesome Kong, Tommy Dreamer, Chris Benoit, and RVD. I collect wrestling DVD's and have a nice little collection. I also love horror. I'm a huge Clive Barker fan and love his Books of Blood. I enjoy Friday the 13th the Series, Dexter, Saw, Hellraiser, Nightmare on Elm Street, Dead Silence, and the Evil Dead. I even have a blog dedicated to examining the horror genre.

Sorry if that's a bit long. Something I like about this thread - is that everyone her has defined herself and has taken the time to look within honestly. It's important, along with not letting others define who or what we are. When we do it, we give away a bit of our power.

BarbaraRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to BarbaraRyan For This Useful Post: