View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 05:38 PM   #210
Ryobi

How Do You Identify?:
TG Stone Butch. Over all, I identify by living my life.
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/His

Thanked 1,238 Times in 357 Posts
Ryobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST ReputationRyobi Has the BEST Reputation

Hi Rockin,

Diet Vs. regular. Let me see if I can explain this,

Soda is just plain bad. Diet sodas have more "salts" in them, not just sodium. (will cause water retention, which in most cases is not as good as it sounds)Artificial sweeteners have the same effect on the "craving center" of the brain as sugar or high fructose corn syrup. (more so most of the time.) People then, think it's ok to drink more diet soda. and they crave it.

I for years drank at least 4 cans of diet pepsi a day. when I learned how bad diet sodas are, I cut soda out completely. Within the next month, I had lost an additional 15lbs to the 6lbs (I think) That I had lost for the 2 months prior without any additional effort. I believe it was because I cut out the soda. I wasn't trying to lose weight at that time, it was just a residual effect.

Another way to think of it is, are "light" cigarettes any safer that "full flavor". Surely the answer is no. However, the marketing folks at the tobacco companies would like you to think so.

Good luck to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinonahigh View Post
Help advice please..Im haveing a discusion with someone about soda..diet vs regular as well as on what else to drink besides water wich I can drink if I put some flavor in it.The water is fine its just after a fue glases I go back to something else.Anyhoo my question is about soda..the diet sodasa are suposed to be O's all the way down the ingreedence list regular soda has a bunch of carbs ,sodium,sugars ect.I hear diet sodas arent good either for u so whay call then diet of they casn be as bad as regular soda..come on,what gives?Thereason im asking is I hae gotten stuck on a palteau and cant drop below it no mater how hard I work out and cutting my food iontake down causes me to wipe out so...now what.I could exersise harder but will blow my back out .If I drink juices that have as much sugars and carbs as anything else..sports drinks,the ones ive tryed suck.

"To choose a word is to choose a world" Anonymous
Ryobi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ryobi For This Useful Post: