View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #217
deeperstill

How Do You Identify?:
femme

deeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputationdeeperstill Has the BEST Reputation
Default *closing my eyes, humming loudly, not hearing you*

Dear Ryobi,

bustin my bubble dude!
i love my diet coke.
LOVE
*pouting big time*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryobi View Post
Hi Rockin,

Diet Vs. regular. Let me see if I can explain this,

Soda is just plain bad. Diet sodas have more "salts" in them, not just sodium. (will cause water retention, which in most cases is not as good as it sounds)Artificial sweeteners have the same effect on the "craving center" of the brain as sugar or high fructose corn syrup. (more so most of the time.) People then, think it's ok to drink more diet soda. and they crave it.

I for years drank at least 4 cans of diet pepsi a day. when I learned how bad diet sodas are, I cut soda out completely. Within the next month, I had lost an additional 15lbs to the 6lbs (I think) That I had lost for the 2 months prior without any additional effort. I believe it was because I cut out the soda. I wasn't trying to lose weight at that time, it was just a residual effect.

Another way to think of it is, are "light" cigarettes any safer that "full flavor". Surely the answer is no. However, the marketing folks at the tobacco companies would like you to think so.

Good luck to you.