Old 08-14-2010, 10:55 AM   #21
Blade
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
TG
Preferred Pronoun?:
He
Relationship Status:
once in a while someone amazing comes along...and here I am!

Thanked 14,402 Times in 4,050 Posts
Blade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST ReputationBlade Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boots13 View Post
Its a tough issue, really.

I dont want my rights limited. I want the option to carry (though surprisingly enough I dont) if and when I want to. I also want the public to have the means to protect themselves if and when a violent incident occurs.

And, I would rather know who is carrying by seeing it strapped in a retentive holster, rather than concealed under clothing or tucked in a waistband...

But Open Carry laws dont require a Concealed Permit.
You can strap it visibly to your hip, in a retentive holster, without concealing it and be protected under Open Carry with no training, certificationor license.

You must be 21
you cannot have been convicted of a felony, DV, addicted to drugs/alcohol or involuntarily committed to a mental institution.
there are a host of other "rules" one must follow.

And if you do have a permit, WA's Concealed Permit is recognized in these states : AK, AR, AZ, FL, ID, IN, KY, LA, MI, MS, MT, MO, NC, OH, OK, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VT

And if youre a bad guy your going to carry no matter what, for whatever reason or intent you may have...

So I just have to assume that everyone is carrying.
Boots, isn't it true that although these states recognize CC not all states recognize each others CC permits. I'm thinking when a friend of mine got hers it didn't apply if she happened to be in SC or VA. I do see that SC isn't on your list so maybe it was just SC, not sure. Guess my question is for example if I have a CC permit in NC is it also applicable in the states you listed or does a person need one for each state they travel in?

BTW I agree we have to assume that everyone is armed

The best way to predict the future, is to create it.
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blade For This Useful Post: