julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclopea View Post
Your reproductive function is a function of your sex, not your gender.

Feminism makes a distinction between sex and gender.
Sex: anatomy and physiology
Feminism seeks to detach social role expectations from anatomy.
Social role expectations based on anatomy uphold male supremacy.

Social constructs like gender are malleable. Feminism is concerned with dismantling gender as a social construction used to uphold sex-based apartheid.
What gender may look like after removing the sex-based caste system currently attached is irrelevant to feminism..

The only concern of feminism is making sure kids like Pop have all the same human rights and privileges accorded them regardless of their reproductive anatomy.

Do I know of any culture where girls grow up with all the same human privileges and rights as boys? I can’t say that I do. Do you?

Yes I am aware of the difference between sex and gender.

I don't agree that gender is an entirely social construct though. I would say that my reproductive function informs my gender. For myself the two are intertwined in such a way as to be indistinguishable from one another. I am well aware that this is not the case for everyone. My gender is not fluid. Again I am well aware that this is not the case for eveyone.

Thank you for breaking it down that way. It is helpful to me.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: