Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Permanently Banned 5/27/2011
Preferred Pronoun?:
hy ho, hy ho; he, she, it, whatever
Relationship Status:
Going slow ...

Thanked 2,958 Times in 953 Posts
waxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputationwaxnrope Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
If you were in Canada, I'd know where to send you. Have you checked your local Mac Reseller or Authorized Dealer? Sometimes they may have used models to sell that are better than the Apple store.
The most rated shop in the bay area, in SF, keeps trying to talk me into a macbook, and says that I don't need a macbook pro. He is probably correct, but the pro is what I am accustomed to, the speed, the ability to switch from video, to slides, to presentation on that 15 inch screen, and edit. I don't do this often, I lack some of the technical knowledge to do more, but it does not mean that I will never do them. I ain't fixed and like to learn. And, the macbook screen is smaller - I don't like that. The aluminum case on the pro is, well, sexy, compared to the white plastic of the macbook.

Anyway, as the guy suggested, I went to Apple dealer. How many ways can you spell mobbed? Back to school crowds. I punked around one at best buy. It seemed slower. I really don't like the smaller screen.

So, right here, I've convinced myself for the pro I've seen some used out of state in shops, good prices, but without any software. I need to call Apple since I purchased mine from them with software that I selected already installed. If I had the discs, that would save $. I wonder if Apple will install what I purchased in the past since I paid for it?

So goes my sojourn of getting back to mac....
waxnrope is offline   Reply With Quote