View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM   #52
MsTinkerbelly
Timed Out - TOS Drama

How Do You Identify?:
Preferred Pronoun?:

Thanked 22,957 Times in 5,020 Posts
MsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST ReputationMsTinkerbelly Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbean View Post
For the most part, yes, that is the only time I notice but by the time I do, the aura is strong. Others notice it way before I get that low and ask if I've checked my blood levels. I'm trying to learn the signs before it gets that low but haven't really noticed anything other than, perhaps, fatigue. Yes, 30-40 are extremely low levels and by the time I aura, I am shaking and clammy. You and I, clearly, do not share the same low blood level experience.

It happens mostly after dinner, before bedtime, and will wake me up when I'm falling asleep at night.
I feel for you; it must be frightening to all of the sudden be at that point with little warning!

The one thing that comes to mind is your protein level....are you getting enough protein? Protein gives me a much more even blood sugar level, and will help keep me from the early morning dips I often have. I wake up sweating, shaking, and delusional....usually I am around 40-50 at that point, and require assistance from my spouse.

I have noticed a lot more dips since becoming vegetarian, and have had to really concentrate on uping the protein. Even in the afternoon I now get dips...but like I said since I am awake I notice them a little sooner.

Good luck with finding a solution
MsTinkerbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MsTinkerbelly For This Useful Post: