EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullRider_Dillon View Post
My favorite artist is the Swede Carl Larsson (May 28, 1853 – January 22, 1919).I am always fascinated with his work because he painted so many pictures of his wife and children.His obvious love of "familijen or The Family" is evident and well respected by myself because that is how marriage should be.The devotion and love of his family radiates in all he has produced.

As a cowboy I am not very cultured but I love nature and animals and see art in almost everything e.g.,an old pair of cowboy boots,the bull elk I was fortunate enough to see in the woods near my farm (he was within 5 yards of me)and my Holstein bull who has perfect confirmation.

When my bull Thor urinates and then steps back and curls his lips back and uses his Jacobson gland (that all bovines have on the roof of their mouths)to taste his testosterone level,it is almost the most beautiful art work I have ever witnessed.
Dillon

p.s.I also love the Haka dance that the New Zealand all blacks perform before every Rugby match.Pure art...
I really like Carl Larsson's work as well, but not so much for his family portraits as well as portraits of every day life, but for his paintings related to Norse mythology and the Germanic Heathen past. One of his painting's I've long been a fan of is his rendition of a Yule celebration/sacrifice (Midvinterblót) at the temple in Uppsala.

There is also one representing Þrymsviða where Thor and Loki are dressed in women's clothing in order to retrieve Thor's hammer from Þrym.

Some other favourites (not Larsson, obviously):

One of my favourite statues called The Dying Gaul

And:

Have to agree with you on the All Blacks' Haka, as well. For those who aren't rugby fans, the New Zealand All Blacks perform a traditional Maori war dance (the Haka) before every match.

P.S. Kudos for naming your bull Thor
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: