View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 08:53 AM   #13
Delish

How Do You Identify?:
Queen of our castle
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
She put a ring on it and the date is set :)

Delish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST ReputationDelish Has the BEST Reputation

Sylvie~
My ex is 36 and she has been going for 5 yrs now getting mammograms because of the family history of breast cancer. She was actually planning on transitioning and we had the date of her mastectomy set for Nov 5 this yr when she found out she had inflammatory breast cancer. The next week, they day of her 1st chemo treatment, they did a body scan and found that she had 5 hot spots. 3 in her spine so it's not looking good for her.

I called yesterday to get my annual mammogram and my insurance doesn't pay for a general exam until I turn 50..WTF? The people that I know that has had breast cancer would have never lived to see 50 if they wouldn't have found it sooner.

We, as women have to do what we have to do to take care of ourselves!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvie View Post

i hear a lot of different ages from people, my doctor doesn't seem too worried about my starting to get them regularly.. what worries me with her though is she isn't a doctor that seems completely interested in what she does.. you make an appt and she's rushing you out for the next person to get in.. (no new doctor openings for awhile now lol)

so if i told her i wanted to go for one, she'd help arrange that but, she'll never suggest , sadly..so just curious..what age did you all starting getting them regularly, and how regularly do you get it done.. it's not something that's in my family, however, would still be good to do i'm sure.. i always do checks on myself, of course.. i have for a few years now..felt something suspicious twice now, but hasn't been anything to worry about (my doctor says, lol)

i'm 37 years old , will be 38 in feb.. so just curious when do you start getting it checked regularly and how regularly.. ?♥