Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
HER - SHE
Relationship Status:
Relating

Thanked 10,830 Times in 3,200 Posts
AtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST ReputationAtLast Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobi View Post
Bamgarner pitched one heck of a game.

Giants up 3-1. Hm. As a Red Sox fan, I have to believe in miracles. But the Giants are playing too well and the Rangers are looking a bit lost out there.

Hope the Giants can clinch at home. When you have waited for something for so long, its nice to do it at home.
I wonder what the differences are in coaching/management philosophy and styles between these teams are. What you say here rings true for me- both teams have very young players, yet, the Giants young guys just don't look rattled much at all. Bumgarner was so focused- they all seem to be. When he was between being on the mound, he sat alone and at times looked almost like he was meditating. LOL... I'm such a woo-woo Californian! but something is jiving with those guys and how they concentrate!

I keep thinking it has to do with the coaching staff and the Giants manager. I did some coaching (very little as I just was pre-Title IV in women's sports in my young days) in college for some middle school girls programs- just thinking back about motivational techniques and confidence building.

It would be great to have the Giants take it at home, but, a win tonight would be fine by me! But, the Rangers could come out battling and I know they have talent. So, I'm just sitting back and watching! Plus, this is a big deal for Rangers fan, too. First WS ever.

Gotta check to see if that big screen thing is really going to happen in SF tonight! Hope so- it would be great to hang with some fans and watch in a sort of "being there" way.
AtLast is offline   Reply With Quote