katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

What a great way to get to know people by asking about their pets? I have enjoyed reading every single post! I applaud all the rescuers here. Awesome!

I have five cats now. That is the limit. Though I do feed the three other cats that visit me daily. Two have homes and the male is abandoned, so sweet but it took several months of feeding and talking to him before he would allow me to pet him. I wish I could find him a good home. I feel so sorry for him out in the elements. He had a cut on the back of his ear that took a year to heal up. I did apply antibiotic ointment but it kept on being ripped open in cat fights. I wish I had the money to take him to the vet and have him neutered. And a home too but not with me.

My first cat in many years is Midnight; a solid black American short-haired guy with Siamese features. I rescued him from my son who is autistic. He was physically abusing Midnight and despite the many years of gentle loving from me he is instantly defensive with others. He has bit so many people now I just warn them away. A few months ago he suddenly became ill and lost a great deal of weight. He was put on a special diet and has recoved but slowly. He was a weekend away from being put down! On Monday his appetite came back. He has the loudest purr I have ever heard. He is 12.

Then came Ashley who I bought for my grand-daughter who was 3 at the time. Well Ava began hitting Ashley in the face, it got so bad that Ashley finally mauled Ava in the face. So I took her instead of them taking her to the pound. She is a stuck up cat who prefers to be alone; a hymalaian (sp?) mix with large blue eyes and long luxurious fur. She does have a relationship with the other cats but on her terms and she is known to cuff the boys when they misbehave. She is also 12.

Then Frankie came to live here. An ex was trying to bribe me back together with her by gifting Frankie at five weeks old; another solid black short haired boy. I did keep the cat but sent the ex on down the road. Frankie is the lover of the family; he grooms everyone including me. All the other cats approach him with head lowered and butting him in the chest for their grooming. I have never seen Frankie in the five years I have had him be grumpy. He has such a sweet personality; beautiful with longish shiney hair. He weights 22 lbs despite being so tiny when he came to live here. He does not like to be picked up but he loves to cuddle in his fashion. He is my favorite and will be six on Dec. 3rd.

Chico, another rescue. The woman next door let Chico and his twin brother roam the neighborhood at four weeks old. I took Chico home with me. He is a red and white American shorthaired boy. He is not very big, with short orange ears, stocky but not fat. When someone knocks on the front door; Chico jumps up on the tall speaker, parts the curtains and looks outside to see who has come to visit him. He is another sweet boy, very affectionate and he is a devoted lap kitty.

Mimi is the last of the brood. Another rescue. My neighbor moved away and left him here last winter. She came back several times to get more things, she was being evicted. Each time I reminded her about Mimi. Meanwhile I am feeding him and worrying about him being outside in the cold. Last Christmas Eve it was very very cold and I brought him in the house where he has been ever since. It took four months to get him calmed down and accepting of the fact that he is indoor for life. He is a huge talker! Sometimes I wish he would shut up. He talks to me. He talks to all the other cats. He talks to the cats wandering around outside. He is very loving and just loves to lay in my arms for hours sleeping. In fact that is about the only time he does sleep is when I am lying down. I have thought to find a good home for him but to be honest I cannot part with him now. Even if he is very demanding. He will get right into my face with a huge meowwww. I look over to check to make sure there is food, water and the litterbox cleaned. He wants to be picked up and held like a baby boy!

I do so love the pet family and they comfort me and it is like they are my best friends.