katsarecool

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Woman
Relationship Status:
Single

Thanked 1,765 Times in 734 Posts
katsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputationkatsarecool Has the BEST Reputation

I also dealt with a teenager getting pregnant despite all the warnings and doing my best for her growing up. Then she in turn is now dealing with a step-daughter who also got pregnant as a teenager.

Look, you did the best you could for your child! And she is now making bad decisions. The bad thing is a helpless baby is going to be born. And that does change things a lot.

This is what I did when faced with the same thing. I let my daughter know that she chose to be a parent way before she was mature enough. I let her know I would be a grandmother only. I would take care of the baby when it was convenient for me not her! I would not be a babysitter. Nor would I be a bottomless bank account. I did for her and the baby no more than what I would done if she was older. Some nice presents for the baby, a crib, etc. She could not live with me. She ended up living with the father of the baby.

If there was a genuine emergency (like four tires for her car) I helped out. But only if it was in the best interest of the baby. She had a good job by then so why should I finance a pregnancy?

I would stand my ground; make the rules understood before the baby gets here. Let her know what to expect and what she has no right to expect. If she neglects or abuses the child then I would report her. I hope it does not come to that though.

My daughter matured so much when her daughter was born. And so did her step-daughter when her son was born. I hope your daughter grows up too. But she won't if you give her carte blanc. Good luck!!!