Pink Confection

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She, Her, Ma'am
Relationship Status:
Dating Myself

Thanked 11,382 Times in 2,839 Posts
Apocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST ReputationApocalipstic Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by popcorninthesofa View Post
I thought I heard Hilary say that we with held our vote near the end. I just don't understand what the point is of a UN if everyone does'nt have to vote, or is too afraid to. Where was everyone else?
We could ask the same of our Congress or of each of us. Where was everyone when it came time to vote?

I need to read up on when we voted and if we held off till the end...why.

Like anything else this is political and for some it is easier to not have an opinion, lest they be seen as Queer or liberal or something equally shocking. For some, it was not an important vote. Some may have passive agressively been trying to send the US a message to leave them alone.

The only way the UN was ever going to work the way we think it is supposed to, was for the US and the rest of the Security Council follow the rules and pay the dues and we have not. I think it was doomed to ever be what I want it to be when the League of Nations was shot down by Congress for sheer political reasons all those years ago.

I have a question. Why is our problem just with Queers being executed?