View Single Post
Old 12-20-2009, 04:12 PM   #13
NotAnAverageGuy
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Trans

NotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the roughNotAnAverageGuy is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherboi View Post
This is great NSAG but can you find where the info on yahoo answers came from. I am just wondering the source...yahoo answers can't be source....just place you pulled it from.

The confederate flag is a symbol of pain for a very large and relavent group of people. The "pride" associated with it has been the cause of many deaths of innocent people over our country's history. Some symbols and the history behind them are not meant to be worshipped. IMO Only!!

The Confederate battle flag, called the "Southern Cross" or the cross of St. Andrew, has been described variously as a proud emblem of Southern heritage and as a shameful reminder of slavery and segregation. In the past, several Southern states flew the Confederate battle flag along with the U.S. and state flags over their statehouses. Others incorporated the controversial symbol into the design of their state flags. The Confederate battle flag has also been appropriated by the Ku Klux Klan and other racist hate groups. According to the Southern Poverty Law Center, more than 500 extremist groups use the Southern Cross as one of their symbols.

I personally wouldnt want to be associated with it. I am 100% Southern guy born and raised...There is soooooo much more history in this great region to be proud of. People are not forced to use the flag as a symbol of pride they choose to. In doing so it just makes progressing the attitude towards the south that much harder.

http://www.infoplease.com/spot/confederate1.html
No sources were sited for her entry. Sorry, people pull snips from anywhere and don't cite them.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0204138AAYMKLx

I notice alot of people look at the negative parts instead of the exact history and the positive parts of it but hey that's their thing, not mine.
NotAnAverageGuy is offline   Reply With Quote