Old 12-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #10
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

I am not very political.

I do have a couple ideas, but don't bite me, they are just *my* thoughts.

The economy...uggg.

I would do two things right off the bat (not sure what this saying means exactly, but i'll go with it)

Number 1. raise minimum wage. The max unemployment check is right at the minimum wage currently. There is no real incentive for people who are on unemployment to NOT draw it. Not that there are a lot of jobs out there, i know that. Just that it may help single mothers, fathers etc who do have to get a minimum paying job until something better comes along.

I say no to stopping the unemployment cold turkey as is being discussed in congress right now. There are over 4 million people drawing unemployment in the US currently. If it is stopped with no way to reup for 4 more weeks then these 4 million people will all be hungry ect. Just makes no sense....to *me*.

Number 2. Big tax breaks for opening small buisnesses and renting empty buildings for buisnesses. IE: an abandand building and someone that wants to start a small buisness there or even turn it into apartment buildings.

The tax revenue will be seen when the buisness opens and the tax saved for the individual will be gained for the economy in the long run. As well as jobs for the remodeling, buying of furniture, contractors, plumbers, staff, ect....

K, my two cents if i magically became president...oh and of course National Pink Day...at least once per month....*smiles
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote