Old 12-25-2009, 06:08 PM   #18
hippieflowergirl

How Do You Identify?:
~
Preferred Pronoun?:
~
Relationship Status:
~

hippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputationhippieflowergirl Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
What eggplant recipes have you tried?

As for cheese, that one has been difficult but I've heard some from the UK are good. If you're looking for a grated Parmesan substitute look at nutritional yeast. It has a nutty flavour but my g/f swears by it (it doesn't do much for me).

For your garlic sauce: http://garlicsauce.com/default.aspx ??
OMG Linus! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! Karam's Garlic Sauce! how did you figure it out from my lame description. thanx also for the nutritional yeast idea. i'd forgotten how much i like the flavor. i used to put it on popcorn as a substitute for butter & salt.

the 2 eggplant recipes i have are for a parmigiana style eggplant and a baked eggplant with tofu (which is truly reprehensible if i do say so myself...and i do). the cookbook i have doesnt seem to think eggplant is worth mentioning for some reason and the online recipes i've found all rely on cheese. it's not that i dont love cheese...too much in fact...i just want some different options.

hippieflowergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to hippieflowergirl For This Useful Post: