Old 01-10-2011, 01:01 AM   #15
Gayla
Timed Out

How Do You Identify?:
Kinky Butch Top
Preferred Pronoun?:
I'm not picky
Relationship Status:
She makes me dance like a fool and forget how to breathe.

Thanked 7,078 Times in 1,966 Posts
Gayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST ReputationGayla Has the BEST Reputation

While I'd like to say that I'm surprised this happened, I think on some level I've kind of been waiting for it.

As much as we may be able to see past the bullshit that is news-as-entertainment, there are a great many people in this country that believe every word of it. I do think that, while we don't know yet about Tuscon, it is responsible for much of the violence around political issues. It may not be encouraging it, but they damn sure aren't discouraging it which I think is more important.

Yes, the ultra conservative, militia kind of groups have been around forever but it's only been recently that attitude has become something other than the fringe. I mean, really, when did it become ok to attack someone and stomp on their head because they might make your political leader of choice look silly? It's that type of mentality that I think is growing and I blame the "reload" rhetoric.

I can't stop thinking about that little girl. I hope that somewhere between the bookends that started and ended it, her very short life was charmed.
Gayla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gayla For This Useful Post: