Julie

How Do You Identify?:
Angel * Femme * Lesbian * Girl * Woman * Slut * Bitch *
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
No longer a Virgin Bride to Dreamer ~ May 17th, 2014

Thanked 18,159 Times in 3,632 Posts
Julie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST ReputationJulie Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

I am feeling a bit quiet in my soul right now after reading Vick's blog.

When he was first charged with this, the outrage we all felt was great. Of course it was - what has been going on for a hundred plus years and something we have all known exists, was being brought into the light. We were faced with gruesome images of the atrocities these dogs faced. We had to look at ourselves and and even ask ourselves... Do we perpetuate crimes against animals?

Vick served his time. The president made a phone call and we all came in here to share our views on the subject. Some of us could be objective (though I cannot imagine how) and some of us wrote with deep emotions.

I am not a cynic. I never have been. I have always believed there is good in everybody. I have always believed people can change. It is what has gotten me through some of my darkest moments in my life. Perhaps some think, I live in a bubble. Perhaps I do.

This man (Vick) spoke about something none of us even thought of. His childhood - where he grew up - now, do not think for a moment I am making excuses for his actions, I am not. BUT - I have not lived in a neighborhood filled with guns and violence. I do not know what it is like as a little child to hear gun shots all night. I do not know. He spoke of being numb! How many of us have gone through parts of our lives, where we were numb? Where we did not feel any emotion?

Again, I am not making excuses for him. For me, it answers some questions - perhaps questions I should have been asking when all of this happened. What could possibly make a person do this? Again, no excuses for his behavior. But, we all know behavior comes from some place.

Some of us are stronger than others - Some of us will never go to these lengths. Some of us value life from the beginning of time. But some of us, well... Some of us have never experienced what he or others have experienced. What about the little boy who is sexually abused throughout his life by a pedophile, only to turn into a pedophile! Now, not all do - but some do and what about us as a society? Is it our responsibility as a society to help people?

Who helped Vick when he was a kid? Who is helping all those children out there who live and experience violence in their lives on a day to day basis?

Again... I am not making excuses for Vick's behavior - but again... It answers some of my questions.

I only hope and pray that Vick will as he says... Reach just ONE person by his own experience, and that person will reach one person and so on and so on. It is how we stop the madness.

Dog fighting has been going on for a long time. Perhaps, just perhaps - This man can make a difference.

Thank you for posting his blog. I am going to follow his journey.

And Sue... I disagree with the quote you posted.

It’s much easier to forgive someone who can’t forgive himself.

Francis Battista

Co-Founder, Best Friends Animal Society"

Because really... One must be able to forgive themselves, before they can expect the rest of the world to forgive them. To be able to forgive yourself for such an atrocity, to be able to dig so deep within your soul and honestly forgive yourself, only shows me that this person has done some deep soul searching. I hope Vick can and will forgive himself, because what he did and if he has in fact changed... That is one HUGE cross to bear for the rest of your life. And only a soul which has been cleansed of the bad, can do good in this world.

Julie

http://i374.photobucket.com/albums/o...ps4d9fb6c0.jpg

I Love You ~ I Love Us
May 17, 2014
Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Julie For This Useful Post: