Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
Married

Thanked 15,673 Times in 3,994 Posts
Soft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST ReputationSoft*Silver Has the BEST Reputation

you know, I didnt need one more thing to piss me off and make me more depressed. Yesterday and today I have been talking to this rescue (a small rescue, run by a married couple out of their own pockets so its not governed by any board) and after many words, I finally just said, "stop, find another home for the dog"

the original conditions presented to me by this rescue were:
1) they were offering him to me with no adoption fee
2) because of his many many problems, they were assuming his vet bills for conditions related to his genetic problems.

Last night I was asked for a security deposit. I reminded them I was told I wouldnt pay a deposit. They then said if I couldnt pay, how was I going to afford his vet bills. I was absolutely stupified. I asked them when I was going to get a contract and felt the dog shouldnt come Monday before I had a contract and these issues were worked out. They said they never send contracts out.

I got off the phone and talked to some people I know and trust and they said to back out of it. Sad and disappointed, I did just that. What we feel was happening, was that they had a bill to pay and that they were sending the dog NOW instead of two weeks from now and were demanding money to cover the bill.

I wont be doing any business with them in the future. Our breed rescue will be looking into this as well.

I am just so fucking sad tonight...