How Do You Identify?:
Queer High Femme, thank you very much
Preferred Pronoun?:
Mme.
Relationship Status:
Married to JD.

Thanked 42,872 Times in 7,835 Posts
Medusa has disabled reputation

I had a really sweet encounter today at Wal-Mart.

Jack and I were in the condiment aisle and looked up and saw a mother and two children pass; one boy and one girl.

The little boy was wearing a full-length black and white (maybe chinchilla?) fur coat. It was dragging the ground and practically dwarfed him.

The family were walking down the center traffic aisle and lots of people were staring. Some folks high-fived the little boy. One man fist-pumped and said "He is Big Pimpin'!"

I hustled down the aisle to get a better look and the Mom kinda turned toward me and smiled this huge smile. I rounded the corner and little man was drawing some major attention with people smiling huge and being pretty jovial.

His Mom turned around and smiled at me again and I said, "He is adorable! Is that his coat or yours?"
Her response was pretty amazing, "Well, it's mine but he was cold when we got out of the car and he wanted to wear it. I let him wear whatever he wants."

That was when the little boy turned around and faced me. His entire mouth was covered in hot pink glittery lip gloss.

I said something like, "Hey little man! How old are you?"

He held up 4 fingers (although it might have been 5 because his little hand wasnt open all the way) and that was when his sister informed me that she was 3 and smiled to reveal a mouth full of silver-capped teeth.

I asked Mom if I could take a picture of him from the back to remember for a piece of art. She said, "Sure!" I couldnt believe it!

The way Mom looked down at him so lovingly told me all I needed to know about how she was raising him. This wasnt an ignorant woman, she seemed to just want her son to be happy.

My heart was lifted. <3

Last edited by Medusa; 01-19-2011 at 11:24 PM.
Medusa is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Medusa For This Useful Post: