JustLovelyJenn

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
She/her
Relationship Status:
That's Need to Know

Thanked 13,995 Times in 3,685 Posts
JustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST ReputationJustLovelyJenn Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post

Jenn, I really am at a loss of what to say to give you comfort. How are you doing? And how are the kids? Did you ever go to PFLAG? Or get the kids enrolled in an after school program?

I came from a severely dysfunctional family, and my parents, mainly my father, was my main tormentor. I can talk for hours about how words hurt, and it is funny that when you don't experience this, you have no clue as to what it is I am even saying. Then those who have experienced this, shake their head yes. It really applies to all forms of abuse - sexual, verbal, physical, and so on and on (all of which I have experienced). I think that is when people choose to cope in different ways. Some drink, take drugs, leave their family/partner/spouse, etc. I just want for you to know that I am here for you as a sounding board/support system. I understand more than you know.

Peace be with you and yours,
Andrew
Thank you Andrew!

Things have taken some very good turns. Things are by no means perfect, but they are better... and they are better because I removed myself from the situation as much as I can. I stopped spending time in the main part of the house with my family. I moved everything of my mine and my children's that I could down to our level of the house in the basement. We come up to eat and then we go back downstairs. Its helping a lot. I am also seeing someone new, someone semi local. He only lives a few hours away. He is so supportive, so understanding, and so wonderfully understanding. Having the ability to escape and spend time with him, as well as have him here to be with me and the kids has bolstered my coping ability drastically.

Your right, that those who haven't experienced this don't understand. I am really hoping that this forum can turn into that... a place to find someone who does... no matter what kind of abuse you have suffered, or from who.

Thank you for being here, for listening, and for caring.