Old 12-28-2009, 11:34 PM   #15
Hudson

How Do You Identify?:
FTM
Preferred Pronoun?:
He/Him
Relationship Status:
Truth is stranger than fiction.

Hudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST ReputationHudson Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
I thought the O.P. looked familiar. It was a craigs list link posted by someone in the 'Putting the Female in Female-Identified' thread. The craigs list link is no longer active, but I copied it as a pdf file. Who knows where it originally came from.

I've also read posts that do not credit the source and, if googled, can be found in a number of web locations. Sometimes I wonder if we are less likely to call someone out if we know them (personally or from another site). I would hope we would and be as gracious in reminding them.

So, any more Ode to Butches?

Hang on, I'm comparing my pdf file with the O.P. There may be some slight differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I remember that post. That was originally posted by a man in search of a butch woman. I don't remember if he was straight, bi or gay.

I think the OP's intent was one of a positive view on butches more than a deliberate attempt to plagiarize. Perhaps it may be worthwhile as to what others would put in -- in their own words -- as part of or as their own Ode to Butches.
No, it wasn't the same one. Not at all. But this thread does prove that if butches *think* an 'ode' is written by a woman, or at least posted by one, then it's welcome, whereas one they believe is the exact same, if written or posted by a man, (attracted to masculinity) is not. Or at least that's what's been said before.