Thread: Ode to Butches
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #79
MizzSabra

How Do You Identify?:
N/a
Relationship Status:
N/A

MizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST ReputationMizzSabra Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosmo View Post
And they should be called on it, but I don't see that happening here. Any more than a straight male being hypocritical for not finding the attraction of a gay male validating or flattering and being free to voice it. It's about personal preferences. Why must I feel thankful for something I find objectifying?

It's already been noted that there were positive responses from butches. So, now if we all don't step in that line to give thanks, we are hypocritical? Like I said, if someone says something hypocritical, they should be called on it. If a straight women is displeased with butch flattery, then she needs to call it out. If she feels that the butch is being hypocritical by not also receiving bio male flattery, she can call that out too (I guess). As I would then expect her to call a straight male out on the same thing.

Not directed at you, MizzSabra, but this is turning into a discussion that is going well beyond what I have experienced in my lifetime. I leave it to all the experts on validation, objectification and butch phobias and hypocrisies.

I need a shower. My sweat glands are coming close to knocking myself out.
What about in those cases someone is talking about someone that's not even in the room/city/state/country? You can only call out what you hear or see.