Practically Lives Here

How Do You Identify?:
Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
dee
Relationship Status:
Hitched up

Thanked 54,958 Times in 13,923 Posts
girl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputationgirl_dee Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by princessbelle View Post
I wanted to give an update in case this may help any of you in the future.

If you remember my puppy, Bella, had Distichia (her eyelashes grow in toward her eye instead of outwardly) and I was told by her Vet and by the experts at the UT Vet hospital she needed surgery and she had it of course....

I whined and cried to many of you and thank God you guys were there for me, reassuring me and holding my hand. I honestly could not have gotten through that without you.

Now, update....six months later....went in today for check up. Her lashes, the Distichia, have grown back. We are back to square one.

Or are we.

My Vet called the UT vet hospital and they said that these lashes were probably new ones and not the ones that they "froze". Oh really? Would have been nice if they had told me that this could happen six months after. However, NOW they don't recommend surgery, NOW they recommend once a day eye drops to help lubricate the eye so the lashes don't hurt or interfere with her vision.

Ok let's see.......$8.00 a bottle drops vs. $1,000 eye surgery with a huge amount of stress on both of us. Wonder which one i would have picked if given the opportunity back six months ago.

I'm not saying that this surgery would not work on other animals and may be needed.

But, i wanted to put this out there because i'm a firm believer that information is power and i don't want ANYONE having to go through what we did for .....basically...nothing.

Thanks and hugs to you and your babies....

belle

Oh and P.S. She got spayed back in November..

WOW... thank you!!
girl_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to girl_dee For This Useful Post: