Thread: Sweetcali
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2011, 03:05 PM   #58
Mike
In Loving Memory and Many Thanks

Relationship Status:
connected, emotionally and physically

Thanked 2,456 Times in 416 Posts
Mike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST ReputationMike Has the BEST Reputation

I wanted to thank all of you for your thoughts , prayers, and guiding light. Like I said Sweet is a fighter. On Saturday, hospice, and I thought we were at the end of this life as we know it. The nurse was here, Sweet was unresponsive as she had been mostly the 2 or 3 days before. We left it at that. Sunday morning at around 7 Sweet woke me up to tell me she wanted a bath. We made this happen. (Actually we had 6 baths on Sunday.) We got back in bed and dozed off. Around 8 30 the hospice nurse came back and guess who answered the door. Sweet did! The nurse was in shock. this couldnt be the person she had visited on Saturday who didnt even know she was there.
When Sweet couldnt swallow the pills they where giving her we had to stop trying that and just rely on liquid pain meds to help her. They think she was having a reaction to one of the pills and it took that long for her body to rid itself of that medication.
She's been up, and very lucid on and off since then. She has started eating again, and altho tired, manages to be awake for the girls for short periods of time. WE know the end is somewhere out there, her will to be there for her girls is amazing to say the least.

Again thank you everyone for all your kind thoughs, she hasnt been able to read this yet, but I have been telling her about the amazing community we have and all of you.

Mike
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 42 Users Say Thank You to Mike For This Useful Post: