Old 03-27-2011, 01:52 AM   #4
undone

How Do You Identify?:
me!
Preferred Pronoun?:
Woman
Relationship Status:
Sold!

undone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputationundone Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamselFly View Post
i recently moved to the rural midwest to get out of a stressful situation w/my family. i've never lived lived outside of the south. though people here are friendly, i keep thinking that this is not the place for me. i'm too removed from people and can't drive. i want to be in a big town or small city, with public transportation, a library, a gay community, a Buddhist sangha, a way to make FRIENDS, and a way to volunteer to help others. here i feel largely useless and i dislike being dependent upon my housemate for rides, though she doesn't mind. i'm going to stay here for awhile but am looking for my place. this is definitely not it. if it weren't for my furry friends here, i would be almost intolerably lonely. i am not cut out for being so isolated. i need community, even though i am an introvert . being in the middle of no-where with no way to get out by myself...this morning i just got up and cried. i'm grateful for all i have but this is harder than i thought it would be! the nearest library is more than an hour away! aiyah! what's femme to do? if anyone has a place to recommend that good to live for someone who is disabled and can't drive, please tell me about it on this thread!
namaste and gassho,
DamselFly
I hear Austin is great also lots of things to keep you busy but if you are in to nature any bit and can handle maybe a week of snow a year you may want to seriously consider Portland or Seattle. both are amazing cities to live in, i deeply regret leaving both! Portland has a lot of little communities and is much easier to befriend mew folks, but Seattle of course is a bigger city. Phoenix has a decent community but is more spread out and not great public transportation. Portland will always be my favorite for the personalities of the neighborhoods and the community is everywhere there not just this neighborhood or that. and great transportation.
undone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to undone For This Useful Post: