Old 04-14-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
princessbelle
Infamous Member

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
femme ones

Thanked 30,503 Times in 5,201 Posts
princessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputationprincessbelle Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CottonCandy View Post
Thank you all for your ideas, I am under a doctors care for hypertension. She put me on a really high dosage of Lisinopril, but for some odd reason it hasn't been going down.

Last night at the ER, they had stated that if the BP didn't get under control, I'd have to have dialysis Which scared the crap out of me
I'm sure it does. Make an appointment with your doc and tell him what it's been running. Take your bp every morning and write it down....keep a good record to show him. A lot of times Lisinopril is combined with a diuretic. One or both of those may need to be increased.

An ace inhibitor and combined with a diuretic should do the trick. It's getting the combo right...your doc can do this...if you keep good records and maybe even with just a phone call.

And for goodness sakes...get exercise, cut the salt and relax!!!!! (i know easier said than done lol)

*hugs.
Maya Angelou
princessbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to princessbelle For This Useful Post: