EnderD_503

How Do You Identify?:
Queer, trans guy, butch
Preferred Pronoun?:
Male pronouns
Relationship Status:
Relationship

Thanked 3,903 Times in 1,030 Posts
EnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST ReputationEnderD_503 Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperButch View Post
That would certainly be fantastic, Ender, but I don't hold out much hope.

This just happened in February in Baltimore:

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news...ruggled_f.html
Thanks for sharing the article, Dapper. This happens far too often. One thing that I hoped would spark change in this case is that it was caught on tape and happened in front of a number of witnesses who did nothing. I don't know why I thought that would make a difference, but I thought if they could actually see the brutality many transwomen face for themselves they would finally understand how badly transfolks need legal protection.

One thing I noticed with the article about Tyra as well as Crissy (and in articles on other transwomen who have been beaten or murdered) is that the reporters always see fit to include criminal records that include prostitution as well as charges related to poverty and prostitution. Why is this relevant to their deaths? Are the reporters implying that it is relevant? The sad reality for many transwomen is that their circumstances force them into sex work that often puts them in situations where they might suffer even more abuse. Those writing about their abuse and/or murder should take that into consideration when they start revealing these things to the public.
EnderD_503 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EnderD_503 For This Useful Post: