julieisafemme

How Do You Identify?:
Femme Woman
Preferred Pronoun?:
She
Relationship Status:
Married to Greyson

Thanked 3,445 Times in 660 Posts
julieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputationjulieisafemme Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by June View Post
Heart -- I think most of the time, I feel like nothing I personally do can make a difference in promoting peace. I vote, I speak out, but I am either preaching to the choir or knocking my head against a wall because the people that do the "othering" to justify wars are so entrenched in their ideology, either because of how they were raised, or they are only interested i being spoon fed by Fox news and the right wing "Entertainers" (Rush, Glenn, etc.) because it supports their already racist, narrow minded attitudes.

I feel out of control of our collective destiny. I believe that the world is going to fall apart badly as the need for oil increases. I am afraid that we will be at war with China within ten years over Oil. And that's not a war we can win based on sheer numbers. We are hurtling over the top of peak oil right now and I think we are mostly screwed.
Ohh this makes my heart hurt! June you and all of us can promote peace everyday. I don't think the goal is to control the collective destiny but to work with it and control our own individual destiny. I am a religious, PollyAnna kind of person about this I know. When I reach out and help someone who needs it that promotes peace. When I talk to my child about injustice and prejudice in the world, teach her how to identify it and how to fight it when it is right in front of her that promotes peace.

I really agree with and appreciate what Weatherboi said. It is a balance that is at a tipping point and when the balance of people in the world can agree on the common goal of peace it will tip that way. I believe that can and will happen and I believe that how I live my life, raise my child and behave in the communties I am a part of will help tip that balance. I also agree with and appreciate what Martina said about the changes in our country since the recession.

Sorry if this is too silly or facile. I feel this in my body as a tangible force.
julieisafemme is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to julieisafemme For This Useful Post: