Old 01-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #10
Dean Thoreau

How Do You Identify?:
Ftm - Male- exfemale
Preferred Pronoun?:
He’s Him
Relationship Status:
Has a gf

Dean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST ReputationDean Thoreau Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew, Jr. View Post
I was watching the news...if Hollywood can generate all this money for movies, then why can't some of that money go towards rebuilding New Orleans, feeding the homeless/hungry, and ending poverty? Just thinking out loud.

Andrew
Andrew for the same reason that the top 2% rich people in the United States..don't just "write a check" to wipe out hunger, famine, disease, r.....they are selfish.

Warren buffett, bill Gates, and Ted turner...can be excluded in that..but the rest of them are selfish and do not even give close to 10% of their net income to charity....funny thing is poor folks for the most part tithe 10%....I think it is because they truly understand and care. Google richest people in the USA.....and say a prayer for them they are really the poorest ones....

Remember Doris Duke "richest woman in the world" she died all alone, no friends at her bedside, no family..all those rich friends no where to be found...she in my estimation was the "poorest woman in the world"

to quote dick Gregory's momma "We may be broke but we are not poor"