View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 12:20 AM   #88
pajama

How Do You Identify?:
Klingon
Preferred Pronoun?:
She

Thanked 7,480 Times in 1,809 Posts
pajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputationpajama Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeTulane View Post
I went and saw the 4th installment in the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Like pajara I had mixed feelings on seeing it too. I KNEW I would see .. it is Johnny Depp after all..and I own the first three in the series.. regardless of this movie not having Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley in it.. I still HAD to see it.

I really liked it. However, you can absolutely tell that it was directed by a different director. Also, one of the main reasons I liked the first three movies was that they all had awesome special effects. This movie? I did not see alot of that. I am also not a huge Penelope Cruz fan. I think they could have picked someone different to be Jack's "interest".

In the end.. I will buy it when it comes out on dvd.. to add to My collection. Also, the way this movie ended ... I am guessing there will be a fifth installment as well. I will be looking forward to seeing what they put together next.
I don't really keep up with who does what very often. So I didn't know the director had changed. Now it makes much more sense. I too was disappointed in the special effects. Or in this movie the more hoakey effects. But yeah, overall like it.

Tonight me and The Boy went to the drive-in. We saw Panda 2 and Thor. We like the first Kungfu Panda enough that we were like "eh why not". It was cute and there were several lines that I bust out laughin' hard at.

Thor was okay. I was expecting more I guess. I understand you can't develop a ton of story line in 2 hours, but I felt it was lacking somewhere. I didn't feel the Thor character developed very fully, or something. It was eh, okay. I did however love, LOVE, LOVE Anthony Hopkins as always. Damn, I don't care how old he gets there's something powerful about his roles that always work for me. grrrrr
pajama is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to pajama For This Useful Post: