Sachita

How Do You Identify?:
Alpha Femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
Goddess
Relationship Status:
Completely in love

Thanked 8,994 Times in 2,249 Posts
Sachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST ReputationSachita Has the BEST Reputation
Member Photo Albums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufusboi View Post
hello all - what flea products do you recommed for adult cats. A Vet recommended revolution. I've never used it before and I'm not sure if the vet is recommending it because it is good or because this is the product they sell. We've been using Frontline but I've been told by this vet its not as good as revolution. Fleas are bad in this area and we track them in, I'm sure. The cats are all house cats but one recently developed worms and the vet is blaming frontline for not being effective enough.

Rufus
Here's what I do. I hate giving my animals chemicals of any kind. We have bad tick problems here in Southern VA. Most of the year I use this:

http://www.ashleysgreenproducts.net/PetPrideNoFlea.html

It really works great. Its cheap and effective. Its' also healthy for them and you'll see it in their coats.

Then two times I give them frontline- once around june and not again until august. I might even stop that too.

I also put this: http://www.garlicbarrier.com/ in a hose end sprayer. I add a teaspoon of any cooking oil. shake often and this stuff works great not only on ticks and fleas but I spray my garden weekly with this stuff. The oil helps it stay a little better. I spray around the house and dog yards. It's pricy but worth it IMO. when you start looking at the cost of flea and tick and the health risk it is.

In my house I even clean with vinegar, natural products. I dont want my a animals exposed to chemicals. I do use bleach now and then.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sachita For This Useful Post: