blush

How Do You Identify?:
femme
Preferred Pronoun?:
she
Relationship Status:
I'm with goofy.

Thanked 2,376 Times in 616 Posts
blush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputationblush Has the BEST Reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
Enter next underweight pup.This one from the pound.
Our 2nd pup's symptoms were pretty much the same as yours. Parvo is known for it's stinky diarrhea ( very fowl smelling) Our pup after her worming
and first shot's threw up as soon as we got home. I called them and they thought maybe she was just car sick. That night at 4 am came the diarrhea smell that is unforgettable. Some people say it was the shedding of the parvo virus from the shot. I took her back in the next day and he put her on an IV
and antibiotics for 2 days. She got rowdy,hungry and I brought her home. Then after two days she was not eating or drinking again.
So I took her back and to be on the safe side again we put her on Iv's for two or three days. She again got rowdy and ravenous so she came home but this time with an oral anitbiotic that finally fuckin worked.

None of the tests were conclusive as to what her deal was which was
nerve racking and very emotional. I was afraid to continue to get her
series of shots (thinking she again would have a bad reaction) She did not
ever have another problem. For 3 months I kept her on ID dog food to be as gentle as possible on her stomache. She's 7 months old now ,eats like a pig and is the picture of health.

I'm far from an expert but hope that I can help by putting this info out there somewhere (All of which I knew nothing about until we had our personal crisis)

Good luck with your baby and let us know how he's doing.
Parvo is also very contagious. The virus can remain alive for up to 5 mons. without a host.

I'm so glad your pup is still doing well!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blush For This Useful Post: