Greco

How Do You Identify?:
GNC, not Trans, REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Preferred Pronoun?:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.
Relationship Status:
REAL. TIME. ONLY.

Thanked 6,635 Times in 2,287 Posts
Greco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST ReputationGreco Has the BEST Reputation
Default freezing

YB,

Great idea to freeze the grapes! Your right it would give me these wonderful fruit for the Summer.

And glad to hear you enjoyed the mellon. I will get watermelon later in the Summer, am preparing to do a watermelon fast late in the Summer when I get back probably in early Sept before the Equinox.

Another night of working, have my green juice and green smoothie to see me through smiling.

I love that you use your bicycle for your transportation btw.

And I agree, the better I treat my body, the better it is treating me.

loving life, and veggies, Greco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow band View Post
I bought a pretty big watermellon at the farmers market yesterday. I was on my bicycle. So I brought it home in the femme basket. Darn Bicycle was impossible to steer.

The mellon was delicious. I'd say it was semi seedless. So it was in my morning smoothie with frozen bananna, celery tops (did you ever see anyone salt their water melon?) thats why I picked celery tops, and about half a cup of spinach and some grapes.

Grapes are very easy to freeze and they make a wonderful lunch treat. (they are excellent for your heart) While they are frozen, I toss them into my thermos jar, and take them with me. When I am ready to eat them, they are very chilled, but not frozen, and extremely refreshing. A perfect treat on a hot summer day. They are in season now, and pretty inexpensive. I wash and rinse mine, then let them sit out over night on a clean dish towel to be sure the h20 is off of them and then I put them into the freezer in a zip lock bag, right on the stems. It's that simple. I buy way more than I need every week that they are in season, as they freeze well. Mark your freezer bag accordingly, and rotate your grapes. You'll see them for about 4 weeks. But this way you'll have delicious grapes all summer.

I put a scoop of the B pollen in the smoothie and it was very good. Honestly, as long as a bananna is in the smoothie, I've never had a smoothie I didn't like.

Have a nice day, remember to be good to your body....it"ll thank you for it!

"Me gusta andar, pero no sigo el camino pues lo seguro no tiene misterio." Facundo Cabral
Greco is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Greco For This Useful Post: